The aim of this course is to introduce activity ideas of how to teach multiplications in different learning environments. Pupils can use versatile equipment and materials. At first we introduce tips how to use different school facilities during the mathematics lessons. The course contains ideas for forming pairs and groups. You can print multiplication cards and times tables from the Material Pocket. Every activity idea consists of detailed instructions for the teachers. There are lists of necessary equipment, preparations and activity directions, The time for them is estimated. There are also variation tips and ideas for assessment. Read more from finnishactivelearning.com.
Benefits of Finnish Active Learning courses for teachers
- Getting familiar with active learning teachers develop and diversify their professional skills.
- Using varying working methods the interaction between teacher and pupil improves.
- Teachers get ideas for versatile and fun active exercises.
- The workload of teachers becomes easier with the premade and printable materials.
Benefits of active teaching and learning for pupils
- Pupils learn by being active and working with each other.
- Pupils’ studying and problem-solving skills improve.
- Pupils’ motivation increases and they experience joy of learning.
- Pupils’ get more experiences of succeeding.
The designers of Finnish Active Learning are class teachers Teija Kauppi MAT (The Master of Arts in teaching) and Eija Leskinen MAT, a theatre pedagogue and nonfiction author.
You can get yourself acquainted with Finnish Active Learning on Facebook and on Instagram (ideareppu, the updates are also in English). Our website is finnishactivelearning.com.