The course introduces 19 activity ideas to addition and subtraction calculations 0-10. The aim is to demonstrate and concretize the calculation technics and concepts of mathematics. First we introduce the principals of active learning. We share ideas how to form pairs and groups. Material Pocket contains printable materials which ease your work. The activity pages introduce the aims of the activity, the equipment, the preparations and the activity instructions. You also get tips how to assess an activity and ideas for pupils´ self-assessment.
Benefits of Maths Schoolbag courses for teachers
- Teachers develop and diversify their professional skills.
- Teachers get familiar with different fields of active teaching.
- Interaction between teacher and pupils is improved.
- Teachers get more familiar with their pupils by using different working methods.
- The workload of teachers becomes easier with the printable materials and ideas for active exercises.
Benefits of active teaching and learning for pupils
- Pupils learn by being active.
- Pupils´ studying and problem-solving skills improve.
- Pupils´ interaction and cooperation skills develop.
- Pupils´ motivation increases.
- Pupils get more experiences of succeeding.
The designers of Finnish Active Learning are class teachers Teija Kauppi MAT (The Master of Arts in teaching) and Eija Leskinen MAT, a theatre pedagogue and nonfiction author.
You can get yourself acquainted with Finnish Active Learning on Facebook and on Instagram (ideareppu, the updates are also in English). Our website is finnishactivelearning.com.