Course 1 consists of three lectures:
- The principles of active learning
The lecture introduces you the principles of active learning. There are also many concrete ideas related to them, for example, how to get your pupils move during the lessons. You will also get ideas on how to use versatile learning environments.
- The benefits of active learning
The lecture helps you to accomplish active teaching.
- The challenges of active learning
The lecture offers you solutions for possible challenges related to active teaching and learning.
Goals of the course for the teachers is to…
- Become familiar with the different parts and stages of active teaching in different school subjects.
- Learn different group forming techniques and will understand the importance of working in different groups.
- Learn about the benefits and challenges of active learning.
- Consider how the different activities could be done during the lessons.
- Get ideas for teaching in different learning environments.
- Get lots of concrete, versatile, easy-to-implement activity ideas.
- Complete assignments that support their teaching.
- Get ideas for assessment The total duration of the course 1 is 60 minutes.
Additionally there are individual exercises. The instructors of the courses are class teachers Teija Kauppi and Eija Leskinen / Finnish Active Learning You can follow the company Finnish Active Learning on Facebook and on Instagram. On Instagram use for the time of being our Finnish name ideareppu. The updates are also in English. Our website is finnishactivelearning.com.
The course will be half the price, only 34,90€, as a special offer until June the 7th!