The course contains 27 ideas for active learning. The aim is to demonstrate and concretize the world of numbers. First we introduce the principals of active learning. We share ideas how to form pairs and groups. You can print material from the course. The activity pages introduce the aims of the activity, the equipment, the preparations and the activity instructions. You also get tips how to assess your pupils and ideas for pupils´ self-assessment.
Benefits of Maths Schoolbag courses for teachers
- Teachers develop and diversify their professional skills by getting familiar with active teaching and learning.
- Teachers get ideas and printable materials which ease their work.
- Teachers get more familiar with their pupils by using versatile working methods.
- Interaction between teachers and pupils is improved.
Benefits of active teaching and learning for pupils
- Pupils studying and problem-solving skills improve.
- Pupils learn by doing.
- Pupils work with each other and their interaction skills develop.
- Pupils´ motivation and joy of learning increase.
- Pupils get more experiences of succeeding.
The designers of Finnish Active Learning are class teachers Teija Kauppi MAT (The Master of Arts in teaching) and Eija Leskinen MAT, a theatre pedagogue and nonfiction author.
You can get yourself acquainted with Finnish Active Learning on Facebook and on Instagram (ideareppu, the updates are also in English). Our website is finnishactivelearning.com.